No products in the cart.
Essential Oil Peppermint
Essential Oil Peppermint
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is one of the most useful and beloved essential oils. Refreshing, cooling, uplifting, and restoring, peppermint has a variety of therapeutic uses. It is known for its profound effect on digestive system and as a powerful antispasmodic. Steam Distilled Peppermint essential oil is far more concentrated than most steam distilled oils! (A little goes a long way!) Peppermint has endless physical and emotional benefits, and it is an extremely strong healer and stimulant! Peppermint essential oil contains a high amount of menthol, which produces a cooling sensation by which the body reacts by creating a warming effect when inhaled. When the oil is placed topically on the body, the menthol causes the body to increase blood flow for an even more powerful stimulating and warming effect.
Aroma: Fresh, very Minty, Hot, Herbaceous
Traditional Use: Classically peppermint oil was used solely as a digestive aid, an anti-nauseant and to counteract halitosis (bad breath) until the 16th century when physicians began to experiment with it more broadly.
Properties: Analgesic, Antibacterial, Anti-inflammatory, Antifungal, Antimicrobial, Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Astringent, Sedative, Stimulant
How to Use: Diffuse, Massage, Sauna
Blends well with: Cypress, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Rosemary, Tea Tree
Safety: Dilute before applying to skin. Avoid during pregnancy. Not for internal use.
HISTORY OF USE
Peppermint oil is derived from the peppermint plant, a cross between water mint and spearmint, that thrives in Europe and North America.
Peppermint is one of the medicinal plant that has been the most used for centuries. It’s essential oil is extracted from its leaves. Peppermint essential oil has many health benefits and should therefore have an important place in anyone’s cupboard.
Peppermint essential oil is recommended in case of bad breath, food poisoning, flatulence, lazy liver, palpitations, migraines, bronchitis, asthma, fever and menstrual cramps.
Mind & Spirit
One of the favourite uses for peppermint is for morning wake-up. Sometimes we need a little morning pick- up and this recipe works wonders. Keep some of this oil right in the shower. You can add about eight to ten drops of peppermint essential oil and four drops of grapefruit essential oil to a handful of shampoo or conditioner and massage in for a super shiny hair treatment. (Just don’t get any oil in your eyes – rinse back, not forwards). The peppermint and grapefruit smell wonderful together and you can also toss a few drops of each onto a washcloth and scrub up. Peppermint not only brings out the shine in your hair but helps treat muscle fatigue and burnout; which makes this essential oil a great way to start your day.
Peppermint oil is legendary in its ability to influence our mind by quieting “mind chatter” and fostering clear thoughts.
Diffused In Air
To have clear ideas: When you feel confused, diffuse peppermint essential oil and lavender essential oil in the air of your home.
- To get rid of bad breath: After brushing your teeth, rinse out your mouth with half a cup of water in which you have added one drop of peppermint essential oil.You can add a mini drop of peppermint essential oil to baking soda and brush away, instead of using toothpaste for a bright and fresh smile.
- To get rid of migraines and headaches:I do use peppermint for headaches with good results. The recipe, uses four drops lavender essential oil and two drops peppermint essential oil.Mix the 6 drops of essential oil into a few drops of your favorite base oil. I use Sweet Almond oil. Start at the back of your neck and massage up along your hairline all the away around until you reach the top / middle of your head. You can adjust this recipe by using less essential oil or by using lavender alone. Some people like to start at their temples and massage downwards towards their neck. You can try this as well. In my experience the peppermint oil is a bit strong and makes my eyes water if I start the massage at my temples.
- To relieve tired legs: If you’ve been on your legs all day long, running errands… rub your legs with the following preparation. Mix 45 drops of peppermint essential oil in half a cup of camphorated alcohol.
- To get rid of a cold, take this hot bath: dilute in some milk 10 drops of peppermint essential oil, 5 drops of lavender essential oil and 5 drops of ravensara essential oil. Pour this in your bath which should be between 100 and 102oF (38/39oC). Stay in this hot bath about 15 minutes and breathe deeply the steam.
- To improve digestion: if you feel bloated and drowsy after your meal, drink a glass of fresh water in which you have added one drop of peppermint essential oil
- For a clear skin: in a bowl, put 5 drops of peppermint essential oil and pour some boiling water in it. Hold your head over the bowl about 5 minutes. Your skin will be clearer and disinfected.
- To purify and tighten skin pores, make this mask for oily skin: dilute 4 tablespoons of green clay in some lukewarm water in which you have added a lemon juice to obtain a mixture of an even consistency. Then add 2 drops of peppermint essential oil and 2 drops of tea tree essential oil. Mix well. Apply the mask on your face and leave it to stand 15 minutes before rinsing.
Mosquitoes and Bugs
To deter pesky mosquitoes and other nasty bugs try whipping up this recipe and using it around your home or during a massage. Take five drops peppermint essential oil, five drops lavender essential oil, and nine drops of lemongrass essential oil. This mixture can be added to a good amount of base oil and applied to your skin to deter bites. The mixture can also be used full strength and applied to doorways, or sprinkled under your pillow or bed. Alternatively you can burn it in an oil burner. This mixture is used much like citronella – but is safer to spend large amount of time around. Used around the house this mixture can help to scare off critters before they attack.
Bath & Sauna
Stimulating bath: If you still have to go out after a hard day at work, take this fortifying bath. Dilute in some milk, 3 drops of peppermint essential oil, 3 drops of rosemary essential oil, 3 drops of pine essential oil and 3 drops of lavender essential oil. Then pour this in your bath. Stay in your bath about 20 minutes and finish with a cold shower. Caution: always use essential oil with a dispersant such as milk, because essential oil are not soluble in water.
Caution: NEVER USE INTERNALLY.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and infants.
Individuals with serious and chronic health issues should consult an expert prior to using oils.
TRUST ROCKET ROBIN
Rocket Robin is proud to be your supplier of truly natural products with simple ingredients in support of your family’s health and well-being.
|Dimensions||10 x 10 x 1 cm|
4 stars 0
3 stars 0
2 stars 0
1 star 0
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.