Rhassoul Lava Clay – 200g
Rhassoul Lava Clay is a unique type of clay found in Morocco. Millions of years ago, deep within the steep Atlas Mountains of Morocco, there developed a unique form of clay high in skin healing silica and detoxifying minerals. The clay forms a dry, cake like mud river where it is collected in chip form. This chip form is in its most active form. Unlike other clays found the world round, rhassoul or ghasool clay not only purifies the skin but heals and softens as well. After washing off the paste skin is found to be silky soft, noticeably softer than before application. The clay’s high silica content actually helps cracked feet to heal and acne to quickly vanish.
Health Benefits of Rhassoul Clay
The name Rhassoul Clay (aka Ghassoul Clay) comes from the Arabic word Rassala, meaning “to wash”. Rhassoul has been used by Moroccan women since ancient times to deeply cleanse and purify the skin, hair and scalp. Rhassoul is a Stevensite clay that has been formed from volcanic lava and is mined from chambers below the Atlas Mountains in Morocco. After extraction, the pure clay is washed and dried in the sun, and then ground to a fine powder. It is regarded as the finest of clays because of its very high mineral content and capacity to draw out impurities. Rhassoul is the clay of choice in high end spas and salons across the globe and is often included in Hammam treatments.
- Nourishes the Skin
Rhassoul is rich in minerals that are beneficial for the skin, primarily Silica (approx. 57%) and Magnesium (approx. 25%). Silica is an essential element in collagen production and frequently used in skin formulations. Magnesium is an essential mineral for the body and is readily absorbed by the skin. Magnesium protects against free radical damage that leads to wrinkles and protects against inflammation caused by allergies and acne. Magnesium is the mineral responsible for the well-known therapeutic benefits of Epson Salts.
- Treats Acne / Detoxifying
Rhassoul works by ionic exchange. The negatively charged clay particles draw out positively charged impurities in the skin, unclogging pores and promoting circulation, and at the same time depositing it’s beneficial minerals. Rhassoul is also highly absorbent and is a very effective treatment for excessively oily skin.
- Exfoliates / Tightens / Smoothes
The tiny clay particles gently exfoliate the skin, removing dead skin cells and tightening the pores. Regular use of Rhassoul will lead to a smooth and evenly-toned complexion.
- Suitable for Sensitive skin
Rhassoul has been tried and tested over 1000 years, and is very well tolerated by all skin types. The minerals in Rhassoul will assist in reducing inflammation without irritating or drying the skin.
- Natural shampoo
Rhassoul is also traditionally used as a shampoo as it has excellent properties for removing dirt and grease, and will gently clean the scalp without irritation. It is the ideal “no-poo” solution and is hugely popular among the Natural Hair community.
- Environmentally Friendly Soap / Shampoo / Exfoliant
Rhassoul is extracted from deposits inside the Atlas Mountains, and unlike many other clays, has not been exposed to surface contaminants. An all-natural alternative to products that have surfactants, parabens, palm oil and plastic beads, it is safe for discharge into our marine environments.
How to Use Rhassoul Moroccan Lava Clay
Rhassoul can be used as a face mask, as a cleanser for the whole body and as a shampoo.
- Face Mask: Mix Rhassoul in a 1:2 dilution with water and blend to a smooth paste. Apply to the face and leave for 5-10 minutes, then rinse with warm water. This can be applied once per week for dry skin and up to 3 times a week for the treatment of oily skin and acne.
- Cleanser: Mix Rhassoul in a 1:4 dilution to achieve a runny, lotion like consistency. Smooth over the whole body and face, leave for a few minutes, then rinse clean.
- Shampoo: Apply a Rhassoul paste to the roots of wet hair, massaging in with the addition of water. Do not allow the Rhassoul to dry in the hair. Simply rinse the hair, allowing the Rhassoul to wash through to the ends of the hair as you rinse. Follow-up by massaging a small amount of Argan Oil into the hair before drying.
TRUST ROCKET ROBIN
Rocket Robin is proud to be your supplier of truly natural products with simple ingredients in support of your family’s health and well-being.