HEMP SEED OIL ORGANIC – 500 mL dark bottles
Hemp seed oil is extracted from the seeds of the hemp plant. All plants in the Cannabis genus can produce the oil, but usually only industrial hemp is used to make hemp oil. Industrial hemp is a hemp varietal which has been cultivated specifically for industrial production, and it has a minimum of the psychoactive substances associated with the genus, most notably THC. Hemp oil is typically almost free of THC, and it has no psychoactive properties.
Seeds tend to produce the best hemp oil, although the whole plant can be pressed for oil. Cold pressed oil which has not been refined has a rich, nutty flavor and a green tint. After refining, hemp oil becomes colorless, and the flavor is fairly minimal. There are a number of uses for it.
One classic use is in soaps. Hemp oil is also used in paints and lubricants, and as a body care product. It may be rubbed directly onto the skin to treat cracked, dry skin, or it can be blended into body oils, body creams, and other personal care products. Some people also use it as a dietary supplement, taking advantage of the high concentrations of essential fatty acids in unrefined hemp oil and using the oil as a dressing or garnish to improve nutrition.
The nutritional composition of the hemp seed is exceptionally unique
Hemp seed oil is composed primarily of polyunsaturated fats or “good fats”. Whole hemp seeds contain about 25% protein, 31% fat in the form of nourishing oil (essential fatty acids), ie 16% more than the flaxseed which had previously been considered the highest and 34% carbohydrate carbon composite dietary fiber, and an interesting variety of vitamins and minerals as well as choline, inositol, enzymes, phospholipids, phytosterols and the ten essential amino acids.
The oil contained within the Hemp seed is a natural product extracted mechanically without the use of chemicals, preservatives or additives. Farmers in Canada make use of patented seed varieties of Canadian Hemp specifically selected for their high nutritional fatty acid profile.
FEATURES OF HEMP OIL
- Excellent source of essential fatty acids like Omega 3, 6 and GLA
- It does not contain gluten.
- It contains no herbicides or pesticides.
- It does not contain genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
- It is certified organic, considered Kosher and Halal.
BENEFITS OF HEMP OIL
- Reducing blood levels of LDL cholesterol.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- It improves circulation and cardiovascular function.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- It increases energy levels and metabolic rate.
- Reduces symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
- Reduces inflammation and arthritis symptoms.
- Improves muscle recovery after exercise.
- It reduces and treats dry skin and conditions the hair.
- It helps people with attention deficit disorder.
- Reduces fatigue.