Chironji Oil 100 mL
Chironji Oil is pressed from the seed kernels of the evergreen tree with the scientific name of Buchanania lanzan. The oil is similar to almond oil but possessing more medicinal qualities. Chironji seeds are a powerhouse of various nutrients like proteins, fiber, vitamin C, B1 and B2, carbohydrates, amino acid, iron, maleic acid, cardanol, linoleic acid, niacin, calcium and few water soluble extracts.
The charoli is considered to be the evergreen medicinal plant of India. Charoli is an evergreen tree which is generally native in India and can be found in abundance in the north-western part of the country. Now the Latin name of charoli is Buchanania lanzan and it is known by various names in the country. Primarily, marathi charoli is known as Chirauli, Chironji, Char, Boruda, Priyala, etc. It is an almond-shaped dry fruit, extracted from the bark of the charoli tree.
The Chironji tree is an evergreen tree native to India and grows all over the country especially in the Northwest area of India. It grows to a height of about 50 feet, has a straight trunk. The bark is rough and fissured, dark grey to black on the outside and reddish on the inside.
Buchanania lanzan is a tree which produces the seeds known as charoli (or chironji). These almond-flavoured seeds are used as a cooking spice primarily in India. Buchanania lanzan is cultivated across India, primarily in the northwest. After the hard shell is cracked, the stubby seed within is as soft as a pine nut.
The charoli seed is lentil-sized, is slightly flattened and has an almond-like flavour. Though they can be eaten and used raw they are often toasted or roasted before use, as this intensifies the flavour. They are commonly used in sweets in India. However, they are also ground into powders for thickening savory sauces and flavoring batters, and stewed into rich, meaty kormas. Charoli seeds are used in the Ayurveda and Unani systems of medicine.
Often used as a substitute for almonds, Chironji is an almond-flavoured nut with blood purifying and life force enhancing qualities. Called as Charoli or Chironji in Ayurveda, these dried modest seeds have been in use in the Ayurvedic medicine for treating digestive disorders like diarrhea, ulcers and irregular bowel movements. It was also recommended to enhance the secretion of semen, increase vigor and vitality, reduce fever, clear acne, skin blemishes, cold and blood disorders. Chironji oil is extracted from the dried seeds by steam distillation method.
Chironji is also popular because of its essence and freshness. Charoli nuts can be kept in an air-tight container for over 6 months and can be used fresh. There is generally no adulteration found in charoli. Chironji seeds is found is various colours such as black, white and cream. Enclosed in a hard cover, the inside of the fruit is extremely soft. The taste is a little acidic, almost like an almond. Generally before eating the chironji seeds, they are toasted or roasted as this makes the flavours come out from them.
Charoli is also popular because of its essence and freshness. Chironji nuts can be kept in an air-tight container for over 6 months and can be used fresh. There is generally no adulteration found in charoli. Chironji seeds is found is various colours such as black, white and cream. Enclosed in a hard cover, the inside of the fruit is extremely soft. The taste is a little acidic, almost like an almond. Generally before eating the chironji seeds, they are toasted or roasted as this makes the flavours come out from them.
Commercial Benefits & Uses
- The use of charoli in the commercial markets ranges from food toppings to use in the preparation of medicines.
- Charoli seeds are used as toppings in cakes and add flavour to desserts and sometimes used to thicken meats and gravy.
- Charoli nuts is a perfect replacement for almonds because the oil that is extracted from the charoli has more household utility and medicinal properties as compared to the almond oil.
- The bark of the charoli tree generates a juice known as tannin which is used in the leather industry as well as in making wine and beer, and other pharmaceutical products.
- Chironji is also mixed with cow milk for better taste and acts as a disinfectant.
- Chironji for fair skin.
- Chironji seeds for skin.
- You can also make a chironji face pack for many beauty benefits.
- Charoli seeds/chironji seeds help in cooling and gradually lowers the burning sensation in the body
- The oil that is extracted from the charoli nuts/chironji nuts helps in relieving itching, blemishes, pain, rashes and other skin related problems.
- The oil from charoli seeds is also used for application in the swelling of glands and cures other problems.
- Charoli seeds oil is used to cure blood infections and helps to improve the digestive system. It also treats diseases caused due to liver and gall bladder dysfunction.
- The juice that is extracted from the charoli helps to treat diarrhoea and chest pain.
- Charoli seeds is a perfect ointment for skin and helps to restore the glow of the skin even at old age.
- Charoli nuts also helps to quench thirst.
- Chironji seeds as a tonic and releases fatigue. Charoli also helps one feel reenergised and has cardio-tonic properties. Charoli helps to treat wounds.
- The charoli seeds also act as a brain tonic and are useful in many genito-urinary problems like gleet etc.
Since time immemorial, charoli seeds and the nuts have been used for making beauty products since they are extremely good for skin. Here are some of the things which can be done with charoli:
- The charoli seeds are mostly crushed and mixed with milk to make a face-pack which when applied on a regular basis gives a rare glow to the skin. The charoli nuts are full of vitamins and minerals, and are beneficial for skin and hair.
- Charoli seeds scrubs are highly beneficial for doing away with facial hair. Even if they do grow back, they will be the same colour as your skin and won’t be noticeable.
- Charoli nuts is good against pimples and acne, and most of the medicines for treating them use the seeds as their ingredients.
- Chironji helps one get a flawless skin.
1. Proven remedy for diarrhea and other digestive problems
2. Alleviates cold and other respiratory disorders
3. Supports the reproductive system
4. Purifies the blood
5. Relieves rheumatic conditions
Other health benefits: Chironji oil is also used in treating wounds, fever, ulcers, pimples, skin blemishes, glandular swelling of the neck, itching, exhaustion and biliousness.
TRUST ROCKET ROBIN
Rocket Robin is proud to be your supplier of truly natural products with simple ingredients in support of your family’s health and well-being.