Pomegranate Oil 100 mL
Pomegranate Oil (pomegranate seed oil) is extremely nutritious and rich, which is used internally and externally for cosmetic and medicinal purposes. The regenerative properties of pomegranate oil make it an indispensable ingredient in many skin care products. It is included in most cosmetics formulas like soap, shower gels, massage oils, moisturizer and other skin care products. It is also used as a vaporizer and a diffuser. It is mainly composed of Sabinene, Mycenae, Limonene, Alpha Pinene and Terpinenol. Only a meagre amount is needed to achieve positive results.
The pomegranate (punica granatum), native to ancient Persia, has been valued for centuries as a medicinal plant. Today, we know that the secret of the pomegranate can be found in a single drop of its precious oil, pressed from the seeds found in the red arils of the fruit. Rich in rare Omega 5 essential fatty acid, it is the only known botanical source of Conjugated Linolenic Acid (CLnA), also known as Punicic Acid, one of the most potent antioxidants known to modern science, and a natural phytoestrogen (plant-based estrogen). The seeds are compressed and the oils are then squeezed out, usually by some kind of a press. Heating the infusion helps to create more oil. However, the best pomegranate seed oils are cold pressed. This process uses little to no heat, which helps to preserve all of the natural benefits of the oil; it’s enzymes, nutrients and vitamins.
A luxurious and deeply penetrating oil from the cold pressed organic seeds of pomegranate fruit. This highly prized oil, which is naturally high in flavonoids and punicic acid, is remarkable for the skin and has numerous dietary benefits as well. Deeply nourishing to the outer epidermal layer, pomegranate seed oil provides powerful anti-oxidant benefits for numerous skin ailments, and gently challenges free radicals that damage and age the skin. A great ally to have in your cosmetic creations or as a stand-alone product to help nourish and develop healthy skin cell regeneration.
A relatively stable oil. Pomegranate seed oil is an extremely rich and nutritious oil, which may be used for internally or externally for its cosmetic and medicinal properties. Pomegranate seed extract and juice have been popular lately for their anti-oxidant properties, and pomegranate seed oil is proving to be even more beneficial. Not only does pomegranate seed oil contain high levels of anti-oxidants that fight free radicals and skin aging, but the oil is also a potent source of punicic and ellagic acids. It takes over 200 pounds of fresh pomegranates seeds to produce just one pound of pomegranate seed oil! Pomegranate seed oil may be used within most skin care formulas, including soap making, massage oils, facial care products, and other body care and cosmetic products. Only a small amount is needed within formulas to achieve beneficial results.
Pomegranate is scientifically called Punica granatum, and is a fruit-bearing shrub or small tree that grows between 16 to 26 feet tall. The name “pomegranate” actually means “seeded apple” and came from the Middle French “pomme garnete.” The plant is thought to have originated in Iran, but today is widely grown through the Mediterranean and in Southern Europe, northern Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East.
A symbol of health, fertility, and eternal life, pomegranate has spiny branches and evergreen leaves, with showy flowers that bloom by themselves or in clusters of as many as five. The fruit is about 2.5 to 5 inches wide, and has a tough leathery skin. Inside, you’ll find white spongy tissue in compartments packed with transparent sacs full of tart, juicy pulp. In each sac there is one white or red seed—and that’s where the magical oil comes from.
Studies have demonstrated that the oil deeply penetrates and hydrates the skin by supplying long lasting moisture. It can revitalize dull, dry skin and hair to restore a more youthful look.
The seed’s oils are also a rich source of antioxidants which fight against natural oxidation of skin tissue, combating free radicals, which damage our healthy cells. Pomegranate seed oil stimulates the creation of keratinocytes, the large cells seen in our skin’s outer layers. Younger, healthier skin is produced when these cells are regenerated.
Pomegranate seed oil also comprises about 80% of an omega-5 fatty acid called punicic acid, which has been shown in studies to fight with breast cancer. It has also been shown to reduce inflammation caused by skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and acne.
Pomegranates are full of antioxidants, are great sources of dietary fiber, and preliminary research suggests they may help increase oxygen levels to the heart. They also contain a naturally occurring enzyme that helps keep LDL “bad” cholesterol from accumulating in the arteries.
Pomegranate seeds, however, also have health benefits. Some studies have suggested that the oil may help stop the destruction of joints caused by osteoarthritis. A 2009 study also found that pomegranate seed oil may help to reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Conjugated molecular structure makes it highly compatible with and easily absorbed by skin. Acting as a delivery system, it helps channel nutrients directly to the cell, accelerating the process of cellular regeneration and rejuvenation.
- Rich in antioxidants, which deliver improvements in skin health and appearance by eliminating free radicals that can cause cellular degradation and premature aging.
- Supports the body’s resilience against inflammation , which takes place on the cellular level and can be triggered by many factors (environmental toxins, stress, poor diet). Controlling this inflammatory response minimizes the possibility of illness and helps preserve the youthfulness of skin.
- Contains a human-compatible form of phytoestrogen that supports hormonal balance and skin health in both men and women.
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals (B1, B2, C, potassium, and magnesium), is anti-carcinogenic, and supports and maintains immune, hormonal, circulatory, and metabolic health.
- As a “dry” oil, it absorbs readily into skin without leaving any greasy residue.
Where pomegranate seeds really shine, however, is in skin care.
Benefits to the Skin
The regenerative power of pomegranate seed oil is one of the most exciting areas in today’s skin care research. A study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology, for instance, found that pomegranate oil stimulates “keratinocytes,” which are the major cells found in the epidermis—the outer layer of the skin. Helping to regenerate these cells may actually help reverse past damage to revive skin and reveal a newer and more youthful appearance.
There is more to this ingredient, however. Here are the details:
- Anti-inflammatory: One of the main things that ages our skin is inflammation, which can be caused by a number of things, including the sun, diet, and exposure to toxins. Pomegranate seed oil has a unique polyunsaturated acid called “punicic acid”—an omega 5 fatty acid—that has strong anti-inflammatory powers.
- Antioxidant protection: Just like the pomegranate fruit is prized for its high antioxidant content, the seed oil is the also coveted for its antioxidant protection. By fending off damaging free radicals, the oil keeps skin looking young day after day. It can also provide some protection against sun exposure. So strong are these protective effects that a 2003 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that pomegranate seed oil significantly decreased the incidence of skin cancer in mice exposed to cancer-causing chemicals.
- Moisturization: Like most natural oils, pomegranate seed oil also hydrates skin, penetrating easily and deeply to create lasting, healthy moisture that won’t feel greasy or create shininess. It’s perfect for all types of skin, even acne-prone skin.
- Soothing: Because of all its properties together, pomegranate seed oil provides soothing, hydrating relief for those with extra dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, and sunburned skin. The anti-inflammatory properties calm redness and irritation, the natural moisturizers hydrate, and the magical regeneration properties help heal wounds and restore skin health.
TRUST ROCKET ROBIN
Rocket Robin is proud to be your supplier of truly natural products with simple ingredients in support of your family’s health and well-being.