Essential Oil Clary Sage (15ml)
Essential Oil Clary Sage
Clary Sage (Salvia Sclarea) Essential Oil is steam-distilled from flowering plants that grow in the fragrant fields of Southern France and Asia. Has uplifting and relaxing properties. In addition to being a wonderful de-stressor, Clary Sage is supports female hormonal processes and inspires feelings of euphoria. Anoint the body with this mysterious, ancient oil that has been called “one of the most enigmatic essential oils in aromatherapy’s mysterious medicine chest.” Clary Sage Essential Oil promotes a delightful sense of relaxation. Stress melts away as clary sage infuses body and mind with fragrant reminders of calm. Clary Sage Essential oil is a fantastic ointment for abdominal massage, especially during times of moon-time discomfort. Has a wonderfully nutty aroma.
Aroma: Earthy, Fruity and Floral aroma, that is both Nutty and Herbaceous.
Traditional Use: Clary Sage is best known for it is supportive activity to female hormonal conditions.
Properties: Stimulant, Intoxicant, Relaxant, Sedative, Antidepressant, Anti-anxiety, Aphrodisiac.
How to Use: Diffuse, Massage, Sauna, Bath
Blends well with: Cedarwood Himalayan, Cypress, Lavender, Chamomile Roman, Damask Rose, Rosemary.
Safety: Dilute before applying to skin. Avoid during pregnancy. Not for internal use.
HISTORY OF USE
Clary Sage is a short biennial or perennial herb that grows up to 1 meter in height (approximately 3 feet). It has large, hairy leaves with small bluish-purple flowers. Clary Sage Essential Oil has an earthy, fruity and floral aroma that is both nutty and herbaceous. Soothes, relaxes and warms. Described as a very good muscle relaxant and a key essential oil for PMT. Clary Sage can have a profoundly euphoric effect so do use with care. Sage has remained a popular herb throughout the centuries due to its association with wisdom and longevity and its many health benefits. As well as herbal uses, sage oil is found in aromatherapy products, and has distinct advantages. In aromatherapy terms, clary sage oil is said to be an anti-depressant, mood-lifting and sedative essential oil, often used for aromatherapy massage, or in a diffuser, for people feeling nervous, anxious, and menopausal. Sage in aromatherapy products is antibacterial and antimicrobial, combined with a very pleasant fragrance, make sage an ideal ingredient.
Clary Sage essential oil seems to have a strong effect on colds and throat infections. It has been reported by a number of users of clary sage oil that they have been successful in deterring colds with it by adding couple of drops of essential oil in a cup of water, shaking it up well and using is as a mouthwash and gargle solution.
For insomnia and other cases of sleeplessness, clary sage essential oil can be used in an aromatherapy oil diffuser in the bedroom or as a massage oil before bed time to aid in falling asleep and in sleeping more deeply. For this purpose, it can be used in conjunction with other essential oils which help relaxation and insonmia, such as Lavender oil and Cedarwood Himalayan oil.
- Direct inhalation Place 2 drops on a cotton ball or something that has big surface area (I personally use open pine cone), breath in deeply through your mouth, hold your breath for a few seconds, and breathe out through nose.
- For menstrual cramps, fill a bowl with steaming water and add 2 drops each of geranium, Roman-chamomile and clary sage. Dip half of a large cloth into the water; fold the cloth and apply the warm compress to the abdomen, with the oil soaked side away from the skin.
- Another very important property of clary sage oil is its ability to regulate hormones in woman’s body.
- Clary sage oil can help minor cuts, wounds and burns. Make a compress (above) using 3 drops clary sage, 3 drops lavender and 2 drops tea tree. Apply to affected area.
- Facial Bath For Acne Clary sage’s antiseptic and anti-infectious effects are said to work together to effectively treat acne. Add 2 drops each of clary sage, geranium and Roman Chamomile oils to a bowl of steaming water; then cover your head with a towel and breathe deeply for 2-5 minutes. Do not use if you have broken facial capillaries.
How to Use Clary Sage Oil on Hair
- Clary sage essential oil is one of the natural hair growth boosters. It will stop the hair loss, prevent baldness, promote hair growth and make the hair stronger and shiny.
- If you have problems with curly unmanageable hair, clary sage oil might be helpful. Use 2 tablespoons of clary sage oil and blend it with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil. Coconut oil should be warmed up and melted and then used to make this mixture. Apply the mixture on the hair and leave to work for half of an hour and wash after that time.
- Clary sage is also great for people fighting the dandruff. You will also need 3 tablespoons of clary sage oil and the same amount of mandarin essential oil. Mix the oils and add 5 drops of lemon oil. Warm up the mixture, massage it in the scalp and leave for 20 minutes on the head. After that time wash your hair.
- Mixture of jojoba and clary sage essential oils is known to support hair growth. Just mix well couple of drops of each oil and massage it into the scalp.
- For Dry Hair and Dandruff Clary sage oil will not only help prevent dandruff but also condition dry hair, giving it a silky shine. When used as a scalp massage, it is said to encourage hair growth. Mix 4-5 drops of clary sage oil with 5 drops lavender oil in 2 tablespoons of shampoo.
Clary Sage is currently one of my favorite essential oils to use during massage. Aromatherapy practitioners highly recommend it for the relief of particularly deep-seated tension. Because of this, clary sage oil can unwind the tension of the mind and the tension of the body, creating a sense of peace and relaxation. For this purpose, it can be used as a massage oil on its own, or as part of an aromatherapy blend.
- Mix with base oil – around 5 drops per teaspoon of carrier oil (best is jojoba). This amount can be increased since clary sage essential oil does not irritate skin.
- Clary sage oil’s warming and relaxing effects make it an excellent massage oil for stiff, sore muscles. Mix 10 drops of the essential oil in 3 tablespoons of sweet almond oil, and then massage into affected muscles.
Bath & Sauna
Clary sage is safe to be admitted in bath, start with 3 drops, dropped right in to the water jet as you are filling up your bath tub. Make sure not to fall asleep in bath as clary sage oil is quite relaxing.
Diffused In Air
Clary sage oil is not a strong as some other oils so use around 9 drops for a mid-size room should be enough. To maximize effect keep windows closed and ventilation to a minimum.
Effect on Mind & Spirit
Clary sage has strong soothing effect on emotions and nerves; it levels out irritability and helps person find new focus. Its sedative benefits extend to soothing digestive system and aligning female functions. During wake state clary sage oil diffused in to the room has great ability to increase concentration, stimulates memory and mind. It is said that it increases creativity and intuition.
Our experience with clary sage essential oil has shown that if you diffuse it in room prior to going to sleep, with healthy body it puts you to sleep really fast! Sleep becomes deeper and one wakes up greatly refreshed.
Clary sage oil can lower blood pressure and is said to have a calming effect during times of stress. Place 2 drops clary sage and 1 drop of ylang ylang on a tissue and inhale to settle the mind and restore emotional equilibrium.
- To create a stimulating and inspiring atmosphere, Place the oils, along with lemon oil for a refreshing scent, in a diffuser: 3 drops clary sage, 3 drops lemon.
TRUST ROCKET ROBIN
Rocket Robin is proud to be your supplier of truly natural products with simple ingredients in support of your family’s health and well-being.