Essential Oil Lemongrass (15ml)
Essential Oil Lemongrass
Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus) Essential Oil is steam distilled from grass leaves. It may be one of the most broadly therapeutic anti-microbial essential oils available with other important actions that support the immune system. A refreshing, cleansing and stimulating tonic for the body with antiseptic and astringent properties. Lemongrass Essential Oil has a sweet and powerful ‘lemony’ aroma which can make a fresh, deodorizing room fragrance. Added to shampoo, lemongrass essential oil will give hair a nice shine.
Aroma: Fresh, earthy, Citrus-y scent.
Traditional Use: Traditional Indian medicine has used Lemongrass Essential Oil to treat infectious illness and fever. It can be used in facial toners as its astringent properties help fight acne and greasy skin. An excellent anti-depressant.
Properties: Analgesic, Antibacterial, Antidepressant, Antimicrobial, Anti-oxidant, Antipuretic, Antiseptic, Astringent, Deodorant, Febrifuge, Fungicidal, Insecticidal, Sedative, Tonic.
How to Use: Diffuse, Massage, Bath
Blends well with:
Lavender, Rosemary, Cedarwood Himalayan, Lemon, Tea tree.
- for a detoxing effect try combining with Ginger and Grapefruit
- for a great environmental cleaner try combining with Lavender and Eucalyptus
Safety: Dilute before applying to skin. Don’t use during pregnancy. Not for internal use.
HISTORY OF USE
Lemongrass Oil is extracted from the fresh, or partially dried, leaves of the Cymbopogon citratus, by steam distillation. This perennial aromatic plant grows up to three feet in height and spreads a foot wide. This plant will flourish year round where the temperature stays 45 degrees or above. It goes dormant in the winter months and is not frost hardy. It’s rich in citral, an ingredient in lemon peel, so it has a pungent lemon scent, with insect repellent properties. Lemongrass is found around the world in countries including: India, Thailand, Sri Lanka and Malaysia. Lemongrass essential oil is dark yellow to reddish brown in color. It has numerous benefits and is used in various ways.
Mind & Spirit
It is said that lemongrass helps rejuvenate the mind and has been found to improve mental clarity. Lemongrass oil also revitalizes the body and relieves the symptoms of jetlag, clears headaches and helps to combat nervous exhaustion and stress-related conditions.
Diffused In Air
By adding 10 drops of lemon grass oil to your diffuser, Lemongrass oil can be used to ease nervousness. It is also great to revive the mind when feeling lethargic and to energize as well as relieving fatigue. Lemongrass is natural blood thinner.
- Calmative and antispasmodicUse lemongrass essential oil in homemade massage oils. This oil has calmative and antispasmodic properties, making it ideal for massage. Combine 3-5 drops with 4 ounces of high-quality carrier oil, and massage into skin. This is a useful treatment to promote restful sleep.
- Ring Worms:Use lemongrass essential oil to heal ringworm. This is a common remedy used in many parts of India. Combine 3-5 drops of lemongrass oil with 4 ounces of carrier oil, such as sweet almond or jojoba oil. Apply directly to the affected area several times per day until the ringworm is gone.
- Sinus & Breathing Passages: Use lemongrass essential oil to open the sinus and breathing passages. Its potent aromatic properties will improve breathing, particularly in cases of severe congestion of sinusitis. Add 3-5 drops of the oil to a bowl of steaming water, place a towel over the head and inhale the vapors. Alternately, you can simply inhale the straight essential oil, but do this sparingly.
- Tone Muscles: Lemongrass oil helps tone the muscles and tissue, relieves muscle pains by making the muscle more supple. It helps with correcting poor circulation. Use 3-5 drops of oil per 4 ounce of carrier oil.
- Athlete’s foot: The antiseptic properties are useful in treating athlete’s foot and other fungal infections. Use 3-5 drops of oil per 4 ounce of carrier oil.
- Connective Tissue Problems: Lemongrass is being used by many with connective tissue problems ranging from torn rotator cuffs, to slap tears, injury to muscles, ligaments and tendons. To help with these serious health problems Combine 3-5 drops with 4 ounces of high-quality carrier oil, and massage into skin. Make sure to consult your health care professional.
- Skin Care:Use lemongrass essential oil as a fragrance in skin care products. This oil is widely used in natural lotions, creams and soaps. Add several drops to an unscented or homemade lotion for normal to oily skin. Or add the oil to glycerin soap or liquid castile soap, and wash the skin as usual.
- Homemade ShampooLemongrass oil is used in commercial and homemade shampoo. It adds luster and fullness to hair, combats hair loss and controls oily and dry scalp conditions. It is believed that it strengthens hair follicles, so it’s beneficial for those within thinning hair. Those with dull or flat hair can notice a shinier, healthy sheen. Over shampooing can cause poor scalp conditions. Lemongrass helps maintain a healthful conditioning balance between dry to oily scalps. It’s a great shampoo for oily hair, dry hair, dull hair, flat hair and thinning hair.
Bath & Sauna
- Can add 8-10 drops of Lemon oil mixed with milk in bath water.
Mosquitoes and Bugs
- As insect repellentUse lemongrass essential oil as a natural insect repellent. The strong scent is unappealing to insects, similar to citronella, and they will avoid it all costs. Combine 10-20 drops lemongrass oil in 8 ounces water. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and shake well to combine. Spray the mixture directly onto the skin to repel insects. The oil may also be combined with citronella essential oil for added strength. Same process can be used to spray on animals to help repel fleas & ticks.
- While cleaning, add 2-3 drops of Lemongrass essential oil to wipe your floor with lemon freshness.
Caution: NEVER USE INTERNALLY.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and infants.
Individuals with serious and chronic health issues should consult an expert prior to using oils.
TRUST ROCKET ROBIN
Rocket Robin is proud to be your supplier of truly natural products with simple ingredients in support of your family’s health and well-being.
There are no reviews yet.