Essential Oil Geranium (15ml)
Essential Oil Geranium
The essential oil of Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) is extremely popular because it regulates the various processes in the body. It is well known that it regulates hormones and thus affects the mood. The essential oil of Geranium has a very similar smell as a much more expensive essential oil of roses, and so it’s much used as a deodorant and air freshener. According to many, the smell of Geranium is even more enjoyable than the scent of roses. In cosmetic products it is not added just because of the smell, but also because of its ability to control skin sebum. Works great against acne and regulates the balance between oily and dry skin, alleviates irritated or reddened skin and rehydrating and nourishes an older skin. It is often found in anti-cellulite products because it works highly detoxifying. The oil is suitable for the care of all types of skin especially mixed. Its exotic, floral scent also makes it a fabulous aphrodisiac. Additionally, geranium oil is very gentle, and can be used by almost everybody, anywhere, anytime.
Aroma: Sweet and herbaceous, while carrying some subtle notes similar in character to Rose.
Traditional Use: Throughout history geranium has been used as a powerful wound healer and well known for its skincare properties.
Properties: Analgesic, Antibacterial, Antidepressant, Anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic, Astringent, Deodorant, Insecticide, Regenerative, Sedative, Tonic, Vulnerary
How to Use: Topical, Massage, Bath, Diffuse
Blends well with: Chamomile, Clary sage, Cypress, Ginger, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lemon, Patchouli, Peppermint, Rose, Rosemary, Ylang ylang
Safety: Dilute before applying to skin. Avoid during pregnancy. Not for internal use.
HISTORY OF USE
Geranium is a hairy perennial shrub, often used in hedgerows, and stands up to about one meter high (3 feet) with pointed leaves, serrated at the edges and has pinkish-white flowers. The leaves and stalks are used for extraction, and the oil is obtained through steam distillation.
Geranium oil is also a wonderfully healing skin treatment and antidepressant. This oil gives skin a gorgeous, natural glow by stimulating blood circulation and removing toxins from the body. A few deep inhalations of Geranium Essential Oil will lift the spirits, calm anxiety, increase sensuality, and help you release negative thoughts. Its spicy, exotic, floral scent also makes it a fabulous aphrodisiac. Additionally, geranium oil is very gentle, and can be used by almost everybody, anywhere, anytime.
To balance mood
Place 2-3 drops in a diffuser, or place on a cotton ball or handkerchief and inhale deeply 2-3 times.
- Aromatherapy:No doubt one of the most effective oils for aromatherapy, geranium is used to relieve stress and anxiety, ease tension, balance emotions, and treat menstrual cramps. Along with the aromatherapy benefits, many people also use this oil for meditation purposes.
- Skin Care: One popular usage of geranium oil involves treating acne since geranium acts as a balancing agent for oily skin. Interestingly enough, these balancing properties also help people battle dry skin as well. Another thing worth mentioning about geranium essential oil is that it makes scars fade away. Put 2-3 drops on a cotton ball and dab affected area.
- Decongestant: Anybody who is struggling with the cold or flu should keep geranium aromatherapy in mind because the oil acts as a decongestant. So if your regular cold and flu products aren’t working, consider trying out geranium essential oil.
- Deodorant: Geranium Oil has a soothing floral aroma. When applied it can double as a natural deodorant; it has mild bacterial properties that fight off body odor and leave you smelling fresh for a long time.
- Healing Cuts/Wounds: Geranium is very effective at healing wounds and cuts faster. This essential oil also has anti-bacterial properties, which helps keep the cuts and wounds clean while they’re healing.
- Meditation: Those who enjoy meditating should consider using some geranium essential oil during their next session. Geranium has a very relaxing, calming effect on people, which certainly helps one get into the right mind frame for meditating.
- Sleep Aid: Since geranium is quite effective at calming people, it’s no wonder why this essential oil is good at helping us sleep better too. Using geranium through aromatherapy eases a person’s mind, and allows them to fall asleep quicker, place 4 drops on tissue or cotton ball and place inside pillow case.
- For cold sores: place 1 drop on a cotton swab and dab affected area.
- For frostbite: massage area with approximately 5 drops of oil.
- Add 5 – 6 drops of essential oil per 10ml of carrier oil. Mix thoroughly and apply liberally to the skin.
Bath and Sauna
- Bath: For a quick frankincense bath, it’s the best add the essential oil to something so it dissolves a bit in the bath water. You can add your frankincense to alcohol (vodka) or honey or milk, mix and add to bath water.
- Shower: Just add a few drops to your washcloth and run it over yourself during your final (hot water) rinse. The steam will infuse with frankincense and you will enjoy a quick and intense frankincense steam bath, refreshing and relaxing at the same time!
- Baths: Add 5-6 drops of essential oil(s) to a warm run bath. Close the door so the vapours don’t escape. Soak for at least 10 minutes relaxing and breathing deeply. It will help relieve headache, premenstrual syndrome, stress, and tension.
Diffused In Air
- Inhalations: Add 4 – 5 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Place a towel over your head, close your eyes and lean over the bowl. Inhale the vapour for a few minutes.
- Diffusers: use 2-3 drops in a diffuser or lamp ring.
TRUST ROCKET ROBIN
Rocket Robin is proud to be your supplier of truly natural products with simple ingredients in support of your family’s health and well-being.