Essential Oil Cypress (10ml)
Essential Oil Cypress
Cypress Essential Oil (Cedrus deodara) is extracted from the mighty needles of the majestic evergreen tree, which stretches proudly toward the heavens as it watches over centuries of existence. The essence of cypress is as healing as it is refreshing, and has been used to bring comfort in times of sorrow for thousands of years. Employ the aid of the mighty cypress to lift depression, cure insomnia, lower blood pressure, calm a scratchy cough, and celebrate the passing of a loved one with beautiful grace. Cypress essential oil supports the health of the skin and hair and can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser.
Aroma: Fresh, Herbaceous, Slightly woody, Evergreen aroma.
Traditional Use: The principal action of Cypress oil is to enliven and regulate the flow of blood. Part of this action depends upon its restorative, toning effect on the veins, a by-product of its overall astringent quality.
Properties: Antibacterial, Anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Astringent, Deodorant, Febrifuge, Insecticide, Sedative, Tonic.
How to Use: Diffuse, Massage (diluted only), Bath and Sauna, Inhalation.
Blends well with: Lemon, Chamomile Roman, Citrus oils, Clary Sage, Ginger, Lavender, Grapefruit, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang
Safety: Dilute before applying to skin. Don’t use during pregnancy. Not for internal use.
HISTORY OF USE
Calming and cooling, oil from the Mediterranean cypress tree is valued for its refreshing and astringent actions. The essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves, twigs and cones of the evergreen tree and has a refreshing pine, woody aroma.
Cypress calms and comforts your nervous system. At the same time, it invigorates and fortifies your emotions. Cypress’s vasoconstriction action can improve your circulation, especially with varicose veins and edema. Cypress is astringent and balances body fluids. It can help to reduce cellulite and excessive perspiration. Colds, coughs and respiratory infections can benefit from cypress’s antispasmodic properties and it is also valuable oil for relieving aches and pains. Make good use of the versatility of cypress oil by using it in healing, to tone and detox, to soothe period pains and as an antibacterial cleansing fluid.
- Bath for legs: Mix 10 drops of Cypress essential oil, 5 drops of Lemon essential oil and 5 drops of juniper essential oil in some milk. Pour this mixture in your bath and stay in it for 15 minutes. While in your bath, massage your legs from the ankles to the thighs. You can also use this bath in case of swollen ankles. In this case, just add to the milk 5 drops of Cypress essential oil, 5 drops of Lemon essential oil and 5 drops of Cedarwood Himalayan essential oil. Caution: always use essential oil with a dispersant such as milk, because essential oils are not soluble in water.
- For menopausal troubles: Most women have a difficult time during menopause. To alleviate mood swings, irritability, nervousness… due to menopause, take 2 drops of cypress essential oil in a teaspoon of honey after your meal mixed with tea or water. This should help most women to feel better… Caution: Cypress essential oil should always be diluted in natural honey when taken orally.
Beauty oil for blotchy skin: Cypress essential oil has vasoconstrictor properties and is therefore efficient to reduce the marks of blotches. Cypress essential oil helps to tone the superficial vessels which tend to rupture.
Massage this oil on your face daily: mix in a tee spoon of vegetable oil 5 drops of Cypress essential oil. Cellulite salt scrub: Blend 5 drops Cypress oil with 7 drops Grapefruit and 3 drops Patchouli in a cup of sea salts with 1/2 cup jojoba or almond oil for a wonderful detoxing salt scrub.
Bath & Sauna
Cypress oil is good for sauna. Oils to use in the sauna are those that promote the elimination of waste products and debris through the skin. Use Cypress oil in the water that you throw on the coals or other heat source.
- Bath for stressed people:If you are so stressed take this calming bath. In some milk, mix 10 drops of Cypress essential oil and 10 drops of Grapefruit essential oil. Disperse this mixture in your bath and while in your bath, breathe deeply the steam.
- Muscle fatigue formula: 5 drops of Cypress, 10 drops of Rosemary, 10 drops of Eucalyptus, 5 drops of Peppermint. Dilute in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
Mind & Spirit
Diffuse Cypress oil with Lavender to soothe the nervous system, reducing stress and feelings of being overwhelmed.
- Focus and calm formula: Blend 7 drops Cypress, 5 drops Lavender, 3 drops Grapefruit, and 2 drops Cedarwood Himalayan for a diffuser.
Diffused In Air
Add 7 drops Cypress, 5 drops Eucalyptus, 4 drops Lemon and 7 drops Cedarwood Himalayan oil to a one ounce spray bottle with water for a disinfecting and enlivening room spray.
TRUST ROCKET ROBIN
Rocket Robin is proud to be your supplier of truly natural products with simple ingredients in support of your family’s health and well-being.