Essential Oil Orange
Essential Oil Orange
If there was an essential oil that could add happiness to your candles and soap scent blends, it would be orange. It’s uplifting aroma stands well on its own and also blends incredibly well with other essential oils. It’s very affordable, so adding it to your essential oil pantry is easy to do – and you can use it in blends all year round. It works as well in a wintertime holiday blend as it does in a summertime blend. Orange essential oil is most often cold expressed by hand or machine from the outer peel of the fruit. It also has a variety of therapeutic uses, from relaxing mind and spirit to boosting circulation.
Aroma: Sweet, Sugary, and Citrus.
Traditional Use: Known as an uplifting oil. Orange oil is often found in household cleaners.
Properties: Anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Bactericidal, Fungicidal, Stimulant, Tonic
How to Use: Diffuse, Massage
Blends well with: Chamomile, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Tea tree, Ylang ylang Clary sage, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Myrrh, Patchouli, Rose, Ylang ylang
Safety: Dilute before applying to skin. Don’t use during pregnancy. Not for internal use.
HISTORY OF USE
Orange oil can be used as an anti inflammatory to gives a quick and effective relief from inflammation issues. It can also help with fevers, infections, and the side effects of antibiotics. Orange oil can be used for the ingestion of toxic substances. Besides being an anti inflammatory, Orange oil can be a mild anti depressant; just small amount give a person a happy, relaxed feeling and uplift your mood. Orange oil is anti spasmodic, and can address problems such as continuous coughs, convulsions, and cramps in your muscles. I personally use Orange oil as sedative. When I am having a bad day or I suffering from inflammation, I use my wonderful Orange scrub or bath salt to calm my nerves.
Mind & Spirit
This delicious smelling essential oil helps one gain emotional balance, brings peace and happiness to the mind and body, reduces anxiety, and can help one overcome depression. Sweet orange is great to diffuse in your home or office.
Depression & Fear: Depression, fear, mental exhaustion, nervous tension, and stress, use 2-3 drops in a diffuser or steam inhalation. Can also use 8-10 drops in bath water.
Diffused In Air
Use 2-3 drops of orange essential oil in a diffuser or steam inhalation for the following: coughs, colds, flu and bronchitis.
Calmative: Use Orange essential oil to help person bring out light and happiness by mixing in 2oz almond oil, or other carrier oil 6 drops of orange and 4 drops of lavender essential oil. If resources permit It is best to add 2drops of geranium essential oil or 2 drops of jasmine.
- Good night sleep: Orange goes surprisingly well with oil blends to induce sleep. This is one of great blends that will help you fall asleep fast: Blend together 1part orange, 1 part patchouli, 2 parts lavender. Add 10 – 15 drops around your bed, or blend with carrier oil and apply minute amount on your forehead.
- Digestive issues: Because of its use as an antispasmodic and a stomachic, orange essential oil can be very helpful with constipation and other digestive issues. Mix 2-3 drops in an ounce of carrier oil such as olive oil and massage on low back and abdomen.
- Muscle & Joint Pain: Orange has the ability to help rid the body of toxins and to boost circulation and therefore can be useful for dealing with muscle and joint pain. Mix 2-3 drops of the oil in an ounce of carrier oil such as olive oil and massage into affected area. It can also be used in a hot compress.
- Stains & Grime: Orange oil smells fantastic and is excellent at lifting tough stains and grime. Add 3 – 4 drops of oil to a spray bottle filled with water and a squirt of dish soap.
- Polish wood: Polish wood with orange essential oil, a little vinegar & olive oil.
Skin Care: Sweet orange is wonderful for dull and oily skin, and acne. This oil is slightly photosensitizing, so it’s a good idea not to go into the sun right after applying this oil. Better yet, wait 8 or more hours before going out in the sun. This oil is also great for reducing the appearance of cellulite. You can easily make a massage oil by adding about 15 drops to 2 oz. of carrier oil. Store in a dark, amber glass bottle and massage in nightly for best results.
Bath & Sauna
- Can add 8-10 drops of Orange oil mixed with milk in bath water.
Mosquitoes and Bugs
To keep away from aphids staying on plants, make a solution by mixing 10 drops of spearmint and 15 drops of orange essential oil, in 2 quarts of salt water. Pour the solution in a spray bottle and spray regularly on plants.
Caution: NEVER USE INTERNALLY.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and infants.
Individuals with serious and chronic health issues should consult an expert prior to using oils.
TRUST ROCKET ROBIN
Rocket Robin is proud to be your supplier of truly natural products with simple ingredients in support of your family’s health and well-being.